About the monthly Pro unlock
By purchasing the monthly Pro license in Walter Maps, you unlock the professional features. Without purchasing the the monthly Pro unlock, Walter Maps will still works, but without the Walter Maps Pro features.
Important information when purchasing the monthly Pro unlock:
- The subscription unlocks the Pro functionality.
- This is a monthly subscription.
- The price per month is 10 USD.
- Payment will be charged to your Windows Store account at confirmation of purchase.
- The subscription will not be automatically renewed.
- Your account will be charged with 10 USD at manual renewal.
- The subscription does not contain any free trial period.
To purchase and install the Pro unlock you have to:
1. Press the “General Settings” button.
2. In the “General Settings” section press “Buy (10 USD/month) or restore Unlock Walter Maps Pro”.
Walter Maps free functionality
The following features are available at no cost in Walter Maps:
- Multi-platform support
- No ads
- Shape, TIFF, GeoTIFF & JPEG support
- Support for WMS, WMTS, and TMS online map layers
- Record waypoints & tracks
- Easy measurements of coordinates, lengths and areas
- Supports many length and area units, e.g. m, km, feet, miles, yards, sq.feet, m2, ha, acres etc.
- Supports any map projection (projected coordinate system)
- Add and delete points, polygons & lines
- Collect 2 photos/videos per point, line or polygon feature
- View and edit attributes
- Create own symbologies (one per map layer)
- More than 670 built in symbols for points
- Use own point symbols in svg-format
- Download single or multiple symbols in svg-format
- Create and open map packages
- Copy GPS position to clipboard
- Use Dropbox for sharing and backup of data
- Download layers from http URLs
- Full access to data collected by Walter Maps Pro
- Multi lingual-support, i.e. create your own language files. Out of the box Walter Maps supports English and Swedish.
- Fully described JSON based map document and map package format, to develop individual read and write routines in other systems.
Walter Maps paid professional functionality
By purchasing the Pro Unlock you get access to the following additional professional features
- Merge polygon features
- Multi part features to single part features
- Split polygons by temporary drawn lines
- Split polygons by other line layer
- Clean polygons
- Single step undo of geometry edits
- Create new shape files
- Add new attribute fields to shape files. Deletion of attribute fields is not possible in Walter Maps in order to preserve data consistency with other systems.
- Use custom built rules (single or multiple) for creating data collection forms to ensure data quality and completeness
- Tools for assigning date, time, polygon area, line length or polygon perimeter, centroid, UUID, GPS position, cursor position and altitude, compass direction, device pitch and roll to field attributes
- Collect any number of photos/videos per feature
- Select photos from device album
- Import points from text files
- Export vector layers to text files or MS Excel (*.xls)
- Download layers from password protected http URLs
- Email complete map or selected layer
- Launch websites based on feature attribute values
- Save WMS, WMTS, and TMS layers to offline raster layers
- Possibility to use cached WMS, WMTS, and TMS in online mode
- Cut and resample raster layers
- Export present map view for fast and easy sharing of map snapshots with other people
- Any number of conditional symbologies, i.e. symbology by field based SQL-queries
- Pan to projected or geographic coordinate (x,y or lat,long)
- Display distance circles around current GPS position
- Display distance circles around cursor position
- Display proximity circles around current GPS position and around cursor position
- Measure raster values
- Copy coordinate for cursor position to clip board
- Quickly alternate layers in the map
- Local backup of vector data
- Energy save mode
- Toolbox functions:
- Distribute sample plots within polygons and along lines